George Carlin Was Right About Politics...
Carlin, bless his soul, described the word politics as "poli" meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "blood suckers".
Certain sections of this country looked down their noses because approximately 25% of Texans felt Nobama was a Muslim on some level. We were called ignorant, back woods, etc. I have never stated that he's Muslim but I do have my idle wonderings based upon his schooling and his exposure to certain belief systems growing up. At least Texans had enough sense not to vote for Nobama regardless of their opinions on his choice of religious beliefs.
Sarah Palin was slammed by the liberal media and Democrats as being short on experience because she's only the governor of the largest U.S. state and a former mayor. But yet those same yahoos embraced Nobama who might have enough executive experience to arrange a pub crawl to be our next President.
Nobama also pontificated that it would be a fresh wave of "change" when his happy ass got to D.C. To date, there's a plethora of lackeys from Slick Willy's administration and from the Chicago politics scene -- you know, that same political scene that is legendary for low down dirty dealing? Yep...so much for that fresh wave of change.
Nobama is pontificating that he has an in-house investigation going on regarding this whole "selling his seat" fiasco with the Illinois governor yet he has stated to the press that he is "absolutely certain" that no one from his side chatted sweetheart deals with the governor. At least some of the press were astute enough to ask him how he could be certain if there was still an in-house investigation? Nobama hasn't replied to those questions.
And now we have little Caroline Kennedy deciding she fancies herself a chair in Senate. She'll just slide in and take over Hillary's seat -- hell, how hard could it be? Caroline has herself a law degree from Harvard....never practiced law though. She's even been involved in the organizing committes of some galas. She lives on the Upper East Side, doesn't have a steady job and her husband is a stay-at-home painter. Oh yeah...she's REALLY in touch with America and the challenges the average Joe is going through.
Even the feedback left from readers of the New York Post has been blistering in that Caroline is NOT qualified.
What a cluster fuck.
Texas should secede. We'd be something like the 6th wealthiest nation in the world as our own country again so no time like the present.
In a post on another site, Parkerbraden made the following selling points on Texas secession:
From The People of Texas
We Texans love y'all, but we'll have to take action if Obama wins
president over McCain. We'll miss you too.
Texas has given all those complainers plenty of time to get used to the results. After seeing the whiners along the campaign route, the folks from Texas are considering taking matters into our hands.
Here is our solution:
#1: Elect Barak Obama President of the United States. (All 49 states.)
#2: George W. Bush becomes the President of the Republic Of Texas.
So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?
1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. (We will control the space industry.)
2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.
3. Defense Industry. (We have over 65% of it) The term "Don’t mess with Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.
4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.
5. Natural Gas - Again we have all we need and it's too bad about those northern states. John Kerry will figure a way to keep them warm....
6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications: Small places like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, Etc, Etc. The list goes on and on.
7. Health Centers - We have the largest research centers for Cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world and other large health planning centers.
8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: UT Texas, A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT, Texas Women's University, Ivy grows better in the south anyway
9. We have a ready supply of workers. (Just open the border when we need some)
10. We have control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.
11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an army but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an army in 24 hours if we need it. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over a couple Texas Rangers.
12. We are totally self sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables and lets not forget seafood from the gulf. And everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.
This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic Of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.
Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama: Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only Mr. Kerry will be able to drive around in his 9 mile per gallon SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.
You won't have any TV as the space center in Houston will cut off your communications. You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes but since Mr. Kerry has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.
Signed, The People in Texas
Have a nice day!