Remember all you biker and scooter people, tomorrow, Wednesday, 16 July 2008 is the 17th annual Ride to Work Day.
I know most of you that have 2-wheelers are already making use of them daily; however, for those of you that haven’t made the transition, tomorrow is a good day to show you are one of us!
Ride your motorcycle or scooter on tomorrow to demonstrate:
* The number of motorcyclists to the general public and to politicians.
* That motorcyclists are from all occupations and all walks of life.
* That motorcyclists can reduce traffic and parking congestion in large cities.
* That motorcycles are for transportation as well as recreation.
* That motorcycling is a social good.
Motorcycle and scooter sales are skyrocketing due to the high gasoline prices. Training classes are filled for weeks out.
The next hurdle will be parking for our bikes and if you have not done so, please sign the petition requesting the City of Dallas implement designated motorcycle and scooter parking!
The City’s assistant director of transportation is already reviewing the request and we will keep you updated as things progress — but your name on that petition is needed so they know we mean business!
See you tomorrow out on the roads!