Monday, January 16, 2006

Getting Back to Normal -- Whatever That Is....

After spending the past couple days in a funk - I'm feeling back to normal. The funeral for Brice Judy went well. A long time friend of his gave a great eulogy - or in the immortal words of Zoolander a "yougaloogey".

It was nice to see Jimmie Lee & John Coen of Three Two Choppers. Rick Fairless made it as well -- it's so rare to see him outside of Strokers or a bike show. Some cops we know from the Dallas Police Department were there - in civilian clothes no less so I didn't recognize them at first!

This morning at 7am I was on the phone with Nicky Bootz. We chatted for almost an hour. He's heading up to the big show in New Jersey this weekend. Russell Mitchell will be there also so I imagine at some point discussions on the television series will come up.

I should finally be able to send out the press release soon regarding the finale for Real Original Biker Build-Off. Been waiting to do that for two weeks - and I'm not good at waiting but the i's have to be dotted and t's crossed.

I also spoke to my co-producer this morning who is based in London. David told me that he was surprised at how the Wright Across America series had been portraying Ian Wright. Like he said, Ian is a major star in the UK. Some of the fan emails coming in from the UK to Nicky just crack us up -- the excellent thing is that those writing think that Nicky is just the bomb.

Also I am toying with the idea of doing a gossip blog on www.2WheelPassport.com because I hear such damning gossip sometimes but I can't repeat it here because people would get so mad. But, I was thinking that if it were veiled in such a way where names were not provided, it might work.

Today for example, we heard someone that was in the know (non-employee) just absolutely trash a "master" builder -- NO, it is not anyone already mentioned in this post -- honestly, I'm not that dense! They were just going on about "How did they get so far in business?!" essentially alluding to the fact that this one builder is just a collossal buffoon.

Ahh well - so many projects - everything has to be scoped out and addressed. Right now there are so many irons in the fire I need to seriously prioritize and get some things wrapped. What makes it challenging is that you get so far into a project and then you have to stop because you don't have the necessary materials from a third paty to wrap....other than that, all is well.

No comments: