Friday, April 28, 2006

Bringing In The Weekend

Spent all afternoon into the early evening at the Arlington Hooters as KZPS was doing their Bringing In The Weekend party live remote.

So sad -- we are sitting at the table closest to where Magoo is broadcasting and it's just cramed full of empty Corona bottles. Naturally I hadn't eaten all day so I had a good buzz going.

Luck smiled on me and my name was drawn -- I love swag. As I got up, Magoo is announcing, "Oh yeah, Raine -- she'll put that Royal Purple to use. This girl has her own bike and she can RIDE!!"

I got a KZPS bandana, shirts, a coupon for all sorts of free Royal Purple stuff (which is exceptional for a bike!) including:

  • 6 Quarts Royal Purple Motor Oil
  • 1 NAPA oil filter
  • 1 bottle of Purple Ice
... and a very kewl DVD I look forward to watching -- The Old Grey Whistle Test. Included on this DVD are live performances by:


  • Heads Hands and Feet
  • Roxy Music
  • Loggins & Messina
  • The Who
  • Judee Sill
  • Argent
  • Average White Band
  • Jim Croce
  • New York Dolls
  • Tim Buckley
  • Montrose
  • Bruce Johnston
  • Nils Lofgren
  • Hall & Oates
  • Joan Armatrading
  • The Adverts
  • Patti Smith Group
  • Meatloaf
  • Siouxsie & the Banshees (YEA!!!!)
  • Orchestral Manoeuvers in the Dark
  • Aztec Camera
  • Thomas Dolby
  • The Style Council
  • Suzanne Vega
  • Simply Red
  • Prefab Sprout
  • The Pogues
  • The Undertones
  • Squeeze

Cracked me up because my guy from KZPS is oo'ing and ahh'ing over it -- he had no idea they had it to give away.

Tomorrow should be interesting -- depending upon the weather I will either be riding or not. Sunday will be a good day for the Germanfest in Muenster. I think a pretty good crowd is up to riding up there. I've got to get a digital camera!

No comments: