Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Gardens at Versailles

So sometimes I do weird things when it comes to the Internet. I was looking at Google Maps and was just amused by the roads in southern France (I'm always trying to get ideas for where to ride no matter how far off the beaten path!) and I decided to start scrolling north.

When I got to Paris it dawned on me, "I wonder what the gardens of Versailles look like from the satellite images?"
WOW! Not only are they visually impressive, it's amazing that they were designed between 1661 and 1700 by Andre Le NĂ´tre who had no idea some girl in Dallas would be looking at them from satellite shots 300 years in the future!

Just very kewl.....





.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I was lucky enough to visit Versailles in the 90's, and I have to say they were the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. They look even more stunning from above!

JC said...

WOW!!! thats really amazimg....

MsDemmie said...

Those are amazing

(BE Bottle hit)