Monday, November 13, 2006

No Illegals in Farmers Branch, Texas

Tonite, in a unanimous vote, the city council of Farmers Branch (a Dallas suburb) has voted for English to be the official language of the city and to fine any businesses or landlords that hire or rent or sell property to illegal immigrants.

LULAC and others are up in arms saying that this is discriminatory actions against latins.

Seems to me it's discriminatory action against illegal aliens.

I don't know of anyone that has a problem with persons of latin heritage -- I do however know plenty of people, including some latins, that are anti-illegals.

Anyone that has had a single semester of philosophy would understand the concept of the "slippery slope" - once you begin to make exceptions for one, where will it stop? I don't see this issue is being a "latin" issue -- I see it as being a "legal" issue.

If illegal aliens are allowed to break the law - why shouldn't a rapist? Or a murderer? Are these extreme comparisons because they are all crimes after all.

If I go to a foreign country, I am expected to abide by the laws of that land. Why should it be any different here?

You can read the whole story here.



.

No comments: