Monday, November 21, 2005

Wonderland of
The Virgin Queen will
Search for Tomorrow

I like listening to www.Launch.com while I am working on my computer. Even though I literally have thousands of songs rated, for some reason it's been playing tracks from the Wonderland film soundtrack. I've not seen the film yet but I need to because it seems to have such a fantastic soundtrack....."....I want to get lost in your rock 'n roll and fade away...." That song has been going 'round and 'round my mind all day.

While the rest of the world watched ABC last night for their Desperate Housewives fix, I watched the conclusion to The Virgin Queen on PBS' Masterpiece Theater. Really outstanding show and I much prefer that format because of no commercials. Another excellent site having to do with Elizabeth I is located at www.ElizabethI.com. Also, I was pleased to see that PBS is going to repeate The Lost Prince in December.

Michael phoned up unexpectedly tonite -- he took me to dinner at Tin Star then to Barnes & Noble to browse and have Starbuck's cocoa. I saw a number of books I was interested in - particularly Queen Isabella by Alison Weir and we had a great time -- it's definitely late November though as it was brisk on the bikes! Another book coming out soon that loks interesting is Isabella of Castile.

I went ahead and listed the Mauro Possobon "Search for Tomorrow" sculpture on Ebay. It's a lovely piece and 1 of only 8 -- though each of the 8 is unique since they feature different coloring and texturing. Typically Posson makes 25 of each in a series. But, we bought it at a time 5 years ago when it symbolized something to us and now we've outgrown it. It's escalated 5x in value in 5 years and is selling now for $12,000 -- I have it listed for a mere $6,000.

Teri wants to ride somewhere for Turkey Day -- suggested the Koffee Kup in Hico....supposedly Hico is hometown of Billy the Kid. It's ok but I don't know why people are so gung ho about going to the KK -- yes, it used to be a Ku Klux Klan meeting place (which is distrubing) and yes they have amazingly high meringue on their pies....but there's more to life than that! When I suggested a film she said she didn't want to have to sit in a theater -- I said, "...you fly to Finland like twice a month -- how is sitting for 90 minutes in a theater worse?!" But for some reason to her it is..... so naturally nothing has been decided yet.



No comments: