Friday, November 25, 2005

Thank God, it's Black Friday

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am so bloody glad Thanksgiving is over. I really made a galliant effort of venturing to the Koffee Kup in Hico, but Superstition (my Harley) had different ideas. I could feel her vibes and for some reason she didn't want to get there so she started acting up. At times like that, I try to view the situation as glass half-full -- there may very well be a reason why I shouldn't be in Hico (e.g. avoiding a wreck, etc.)

We got as far as Glen Rose and stopped at a gas station - Superstition wouldn't restart. Finally, she did but only after I had said I didn't feel comfortable going on to Hico and needed to turn back home. My riding buddy was less than pleased. The reality of the situation is that if I went another 40 miles and there was indeed a problem, I would then be 120 miles from home, on a holiday and no way home. See, my riding buddy in her infinite wisdom had sharp spikes installed on the top of her back fender which means there is no way for a 2-up seat to be placed there, or in the case of an emergency, there is no way for a passenger to ride.

No sooner did I start to head back then the left front highway peg fell off -- Superstition was making her point! I stopped and got the peg but my buddy had decided to take the route through Grandbury and at a brisk 80 mph clip -- and the roads were filled with cops. Once we hit Ft. Worth, I headed towards home while she continued north. I apologized for the problems (like it was my fault) but she was in one helluva mood.

Now on to more pleasant things:

Johnny Chop will be featured on Chopper Nation on ESPN2 this November 30th. Definitely check it out!! Johnny is one of the builders that will be in the ROBBO series.


Nicky Bootz, who as you know if you are a frequent reader of this blog, is the host of ROBBO, emailed me the first "bah humbug" story of the season:

A Christmas Story

'Twas the night before Christmas--Old Santa was pissed.
He cussed out the elves and threw down his list.
Miserable little brats, ungrateful little jerks.
I have a good mind to scrap the whole works!

I've busted my ass for damn near a year,
Instead of "Thanks Santa"--what do I hear?
The old lady bitches cause I work late at night.
The elves want more money--

The reindeer all fight.

Rudolph got drunk and goosed all the maids.
Donner is pregnant and Vixen has AIDS.
And just when I thought that things would get better
Those assholes from the IRS sent me a letter,
They say I owe taxes--if that ain't damn funny
Who the hell ever sent Santa Claus any money?

And the kids these days--they all are the pits
They want the impossible--Those mean little shits
I spent a whole year making wagons and sleds
Assembling dolls...Their arms, legs and heads
I made a ton of yo yo's--No request for them,
They want computers and robots...they think - I'm IBM!

Flying through the air...dodging the trees
Falling down chimneys and skinning my knees
I'm quitting this job there's just no enjoyment
I'll sit on my fat ass and draw unemployment.

There's no Christmas this year now you know the reason,
I found me a blonde. I'm going SOUTH for the season


No comments: