Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Doberman World Domination - Laconia - George Michael

Well it's officially winter now. A record high on Saturday of 89 and right now it's 18 and covered in ice. A lot of people make fun of how we handle weather since we close everything down but we don't get snow -- something about where we are located means we get ice -- lots of it. I think it will get above freezing on Friday.

*******************************

There is the cuuuuuutest damn sticker I saw that I should order -- or someone can buy it for me. I love this sticker because Harley Amadeus has the natural, floppy ears. You can see all the kewl stuff available at http://www.obeythepurebreed.com/ -- it totally rocks!

*******************************

I spent most of the day dealing with lodging issues for Laconia, New Hampshire for Motorcycle Week next June. Not easy trying to arrange bedding for 11 days for almost 30 people and keep the prices down. With approximately 300,000 people attending that week, it's not like there's a ton of hotel rooms available. But there are some things working in our favour -- like the fact that high profile bike builders are coming in from Dallas & LA -- those guys usually make it to Sturgis or Laughlin or Daytona but not Laconia. So a lot of people up there seemed quite pleased. I am being offered trains and boats and all sorts of stuff.

I have to admit, I've really missed working in the entertainment business. With no royal family, celebrities of any kind are rather like the American version of royalty. As such, people usually go out of their way to work with you which makes things nicer. I don't want to take advantage of anyone because that's just bad kharma - but I certainly appreciate and remember when people have gone out of their way to help.

*******************************

I was pleased that George Michael and Kenny Goss are going to get hitched. I find it odd that people in the US are having such a fit about gay unions -- like gays could do any worse than straights?!
*******************************

Quote of the day: Performing enhancing drugs are banned in the Olympics. Ok, we can swing with that. But performance debilitating drugs should not be banned. Smoke a joint and win the hundred meters, fair play to you. That's pretty damn good. Unless someone's dangling a Mars bar off in the distance. .........Eddie Izzard

No comments: